“It may seem like I’m repeating myself,” the Minister of Health said, before repeating and re-defending the consequences of the shock plan against waiting lists and informing those present that “we are still in a pandemic.” Pablo Fernández, taken by PP to appear before the Board, had to come to the conclusion of the patient queue at the ward he directed:171,679 in September– “This is not what we wanted”. He added that he assumed “we are not satisfied with the current situation”, that in his view he continues to do a lot with the impact of covid on the health system, and that it has improved with the said ten percent increase. Surgical activity so far in 2022, with 5,040 surgeries performed in the afternoon as a result of the reduction in average delay compared to September last year, or the shock plan in place for a year. Beyond the clash of figures between counsel and opposition groups, or popular MP Beatriz Polledo’s insistence on “insisting on comparisons with pre-pandemic moments”, Fernández raised the stakes and came up with a prediction that pointed to A sudden and “continuous” development as of this month of October. He explained the forecast as “when the October closing indicators are released on November 20, we will see an improvement and from then on it will be continuous”.
Even if the epidemic persists, according to Concepción Saavedra, director of the Principality Health Service (Sespa), he predicted that it would do the same, hampering the approach to the problem, “its most significant waves in Asturias during the validity of the shock plan that began in September 2021”. They were able to halt the recovery forecast for some of the lists they returned to win the unanimous condemnation of the entire opposition at the Governing Body this Monday. During the validity of the shock plan, in the “shock patch” version, “3,000 fewer operations were performed than before the pandemic,” Polledo said. Lists in Asturias predate the covid-19 outbreak. “I don’t deny that Covid is not aggravating waiting lists, but there are underlying issues and clouds on the horizon,” said Citizens MP Luis Fanjul. Daniel Ripa (Podemos), in his view, sees the path to “joint participation in private health” as wrong and “dangerous”, and Adrián Pumares (Forum) Counselor invites “not to look for problems or faults”. Sara Álvarez (Vox) speaks of “a shortage of doctors and mismanagement” and Armando Fernández Bartolomé (Mixed Group) calls for “structural reforms”. Ovidio Zapico (IU) is in favor of “starting the education debate” and the cuts in the positions of doctors in training during the Mariano Rajoy governments, in favor of the lack of health professionals that Fernández Muñiz again blamed this morning.
At this point where the staff is being reinforced for the Asturian health system and the lack of some specialties, Saavedra noted the increase in doctor recruitment and “from 2,237 doctors to 2,528 and 5,162 nurses to 5,472” since 2019.
One of those who recently wanted to give a face to the problem was Gerardo Iglesias, the former General Secretary of the Communist Party of Spain, who a few days ago revealed a “sanitary ordeal” at the doors of HUCA. wheelchair, the last part of which is the delay of a surgical intervention that has been pending since January. Podemos Deputy Daniel Ripa wanted to present his case as possible evidence of a major failure in the eyes of the consultant in the Health Commission, and the relatives of the former politician had the opportunity to hand over the signatures they had collected about the case to the Ministry team. Fernández Muñiz hid behind the secrecy of health data to avoid commenting on a particular case, but reiterated efforts to reduce waiting lists, saying “we feel the peculiarity of each patient. I trust the professionalism of our doctors and wish that all problems are resolved or improved enough to guarantee a dignified life.”
#Health #envisions #urgent #continuous #improvement #waiting #lists #Asturias